As a software engineer, you will lead a variety of client projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software products.
As a senior member of the team, you will be relied upon to design robust solutions that solve client problems, drive consensus around technical solutions, and ultimately own the success of projects. In return you can expect latitude the way you choose to run projects and design systems, while receiving direct support, guidance, and coaching from Bit Complete’s partners.
We believe that when it comes to engineering, you get what you pay for. We want access to the top tier of talent, which is why we’re in the top tier of compensation for engineers in Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing software designs for internet applications or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in software debugging.
- Architect and develop solutions to ambiguous problems and client requirements, leading design of major software components, systems, and features.
- Build, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Resolve challenging technical issues.
- Represent the team in client meetings.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Collaborate closely with teammates and help grow their abilities through technical contributions and mentorship.
More about Bit Complete
Bit Complete is a software firm specializing in building robust applications and infrastructure, and developing product and team strategy for clients. Our partners are senior leaders in technology from YouTube, Slack, and Thumbtack, and our clients span from consumer internet applications, to healthcare, to commerce.
We believe that the value we deliver to clients comes from the quality of our engineering team, which is why we’re an engineering first company, committed to building a culture of growth, diversity, ownership, and engineering excellence. It’s also why we invest in our engineers through direct mentorship, honest and open dialog and feedback, and trust.
Why Join?Interesting Work
We work on interesting projects, sweat the small stuff, and write high-quality code. We also work on our own product ideas, currently focused on developer productivity and eng management tools. We have opportunities for ownership and leadership in both pure technical and Eng Mgmt capacities. We have lots to do, and you’ll be exposed to many variations on the webapp stack; you won’t be working on the same thing a year from now.Remote First
We are and always have been a fully remote company, so working remotely is in our DNA. We think regular hours are important, but flexibility in a work day helps us do our best work, which is why we keep our processes as lightweight and async as possible. Doing great work also requires having the resources to do so. That's why we make available everything you need to work effectively from home, including:
- $500 / year home office stipend
- $75 / month internet reimbursement
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Flexible health spending account
CAD $153,525 -$188,830 annually
We're excited about working with you so get in touch! email@example.com
* Canadian Residents only at this time.